DetailsLearn how to find and keep track of your position, adjust to changing conditions, and paddle the seas safely and confidently. Fundamentals of Kayak Navigation is the authoritative source for information on how to chart an accurate course—whether touring locally, on open water, or between islands. This updated guide includes everything you need to know, from traditional map and compass navigation through state-of-the-art electronic navigation. It’s the standard text used by most navigation schools.
- The essentials of chart reading and compass use
- The latest on GPS units
- Use of PDAs, smartphones, and other electronic chart systems
- Finding and keeping track of position
- How to predict tides and currents
- Trip planning and navigating at night, in fog, and in traffic
- Internet sources for tracking marine forecasts