DetailsNo details were overlooked when designing the Grand Prix specifically for racing. Start with an overall weight of just 15 ounces, and then look at Werner's unique 12 degree shaft to blade offset. Materials and processes were factored in to find the perfect flex for comfort and performance. Werner gives competitors an edge, so put your race into another gear.
- Ultimate performance brings together all of Werner's most advanced designs.
- As innovators Werner saw a need to move from the tear drop shape. Our longer, rectangular, slender blade design is easier on the body with a more gentle catch that does not sacrifice blade size and power.
- The volume of the buoyant, carbon, blade creates an exceedingly light feel for effortless and confident strokes.
- Smooth back face and thin ABS reinforced blade edges allows for a quieter catch and effortless exit of the stroke.
- Optimized blade-to-shaft offset at 12 degrees, allows for a more vertical blade position. Keeping you in the power phase longer and helping to clean up your exit.
- Dihedral allows for smooth and stable forward paddling, a core philosophy for Werner.
- Mid-sized blades are an ideal fit for the great majority of average size paddlers.
- Optimized flex and strength.
- Recommended for racing. Werner does not recommend this paddle for surfing or whitewater.