DetailsAfter more than 20 years of racking up vehicles with naked roofs, the stalwart Yakima Q-Tower and its trusty Q-clips are being replaced by the Yakima BaseLine Towers and Yakima BaseLine Clips. The Yakima BaseLine Towers and BaseLine Clips have been designed to more easily adapt to the ever-changing contours of today's modern vehicles while providing the most secure and install-friendly base rack system available for bare roof tops. Compatible with the new Yakima JetStream aero bars and Yakima CoreBar aero bars as well as the original Yakima RoundBars the BaseLine Towers attach to naked roofs with vehicle specific BaseClips that unobtrusively clip onto the edge of the roof under the doors in specific locations specified in the installation instructions. To best accommodate the wide range of vehicle body styles, the BaseLine Towers feature tri-axial DropHook BaseClip adjustment motion to achieve the most secure and customized fit possible. In addition, the unique BarBed pitch adjustment feature allows you to level the front and rear crossbars on vehicles with curved rooflines. To further facilitate installation, a torque tool is included to take the guesswork out of how tight the clamping force needs to be, ensuring exact and proper tightness of the system to the roof each time.
- Designed for vehicles with naked or smooth roofs (no existing side rails, fixed mount points, tracks, or rain gutters). Replaces the Yakima Q-Towers
- Set of four towers included. Requires two sets of vehicle-specific Yakima BaseClips and a pair of Yakima crossbars for a complete base rack system
- Compatible with Yakima Aluminum JetStream Aero Bars and Yakima Steel CoreBar Aero Bars as well as the original Yakima Round Bars.
- Tri-axial DropHook BaseClip adjustment easily adapts to a wide range of vehicle shapes and ensures a safe and secure installation
- BarBed pitch adjustment enables bars to be adjusted up to 12 degrees to level front and rear crossbars on vehicles with rounded roof lines
- Toe adjustment enables optimized tower angle for the best fit on vehicles with scalloped roofs
- Locks to vehicle with Yakima SKS locks (sold separately)
- Constructed of stainless steel, glass reinforced plastic, and elastomer padding
- Yakima Limited Lifetime Warranty