DetailsThis completely revised edition of AMC's best-selling Quiet Water guide reveals more than 100 spectacular ponds, lakes, and rivers in Maine ideally suited for canoeing and kayaking. From marshy coves and crystal-clear lakes to winding inlet channels and pine-tree-edged ponds, this updated guide provides paddlers access to unique water adventures. Each trip includes directions, parking, and launch information; a detailed tour description with time, distance, and difficulty; and special natural features including notes about the flora and fauna you will discover along the way. Beginners and experienced paddlers, birdwatchers and anglers, families with children - all will appreciate this user-friendly, comprehensive guide to Maine's best quiet water.
Special features include:
- 84 spectacular calm-water trips - including 6 new destinations
- Driving, parking, and put-in directions
- Descriptions and maps of each lake, pond, and river
- In-depth nature essays
- At-a-glance summaries of tour details, including prominent fish species
- Locator maps and Trip Planner to help identify the best paddles for you